Sunday, September 4, 2016

Fresh New Chapter








Hello?
Anybody out there?

It has been a while, over a year in fact. Over a year since I abandoned blogging to manage a run away train aka my life.   I am back looking at this tired old dear of a blog, wondering if I should renovate her or cut her loose into the bloggersphere.

Maybe just one more shot. Just another try.

So 2015 was life changing, for me and my family. Mr G and I parted ways and our family home was sold. We are still the best of friends and I am proud to say there was no need for Lawyers, everything was and is amicable and fair.  Our children, all now in high school are travelling well through this new frontier of "mum's house" and "dad's house" - which is what really makes me sad, as it is no longer "home", it's mum's or dad's.

Last year was incredible and if there is one thing I have learned, is that nothing is certain and if the universe has you in its sights, there is no where to run.   When I was in high school, I was young rebellious thing with a taste for adventure and no fear of speaking my mind. One day in Year 7, a friend brought this boy over to our group and it was love at first sight, well for me at least. Time went on and this boy would walk me home, get rid of poor choices of date for me, stare down bullies that picked on me, smoked with me down the alley behind the school but never, never would he ask me out.  Not long after we both ran away from school at too young an age ( I tell you, I was one rebellious punk girl) I bumped into him at a Pub in which we were both under age drinking in, but knew the bar staff well, hey the good old 1980's a very different time!  My heart pounded as it always did when he was near, I sided up to him and gave him attitude and cheek,  and soon we were both engrossed in conversation for over an hour. Next thing his mate tapped his shoulder to go - my high school sweetheart jumped up, kissed my forehead and whispered "I have always had a soft spot for you". That was the last I saw of him.

Fast forward 30 plus years.  Taking respite in QLD last year,  I met this boy for lunch. Eyes locked, hearts pounded and we have been inseparable since.  I am with the love of my life.

My life is so very different now.  So much is different.  I have a wonderful new home, so very different to the old one. I love this house and am thoroughly enjoying making it a home.  My kids are still thriving.  I am with the love of my life.  I do so many new and varied things. In fact, I honestly feel that I have found myself again. And it feels good.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! That's a pretty exciting year you've had! Glad to hear how happy you are and how beautifully you've handled all the changes for the kids, that an awesome achievement.
Looking forward to hearing more!
Sandra (Chaos, Kids etc!) x

Just Martha said...

I'm still here! Me, me, me, me!!!

Wow! And cool! Congrats sweet you for being brave, classy and fabulous.