Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Getting ready for Christmas!

Christmas making is going full power over here.
We are going for a more traditional type of Christmas, making
as much as possible ourselves.


here is Martha making paper chains


I made two more pillow case dresses for gifts and used up some
more of the stash! I bought this fabric for $1.99 p/mt from IKEA  6 years 
ago. It's a lovely crisp cotton, meant for home furnishings but worked beautifully 
for clothing - it has been made into painting smocks for school fetes, table cloths, wrap skirts and
now dresses and finally I have exhausted the huge stash of it I had! 


1 comment:

Sally said...

I love making paper chains. I often sit watching the carols on the tele on Christmas eve making them ready for the next morning.

... and that dress is delightful. I know the awesome feeling when finally a fabric that has been hanging around in the stash has been exhausted :)