Friday, November 2, 2012

The boudoir make over

You may recall I started a make over before I went on holidays
It all started with this purchase. A grey and white floral doona cover from IKEA.


Then I decided to go back and play with wall colour - you see I have been on a white
bender for a few years now.


Well it is finished now!

My plantation shutters are installed. And the walls painted a dark grey.


I recycled a few things like cushions and the cane heart which has hung in various 
locations around the house.


Sadly my antique dresser has spat out all of its knobs and the runners leave saw 
dust on my clothes every time a drawer was opened - it was time to say goodbye.
So I bought this IKEA tall boy in white.
Now all I need is new carpet and a new full length mirror and it is all done!


4 comments:

Miss Muggins said...

The bedroom make-over looks great, very serene and interesting. I really love the grey walls with the white (and I actually have that doona cover!)

Bron said...

It looks lovely I love the grey colour...so simple and fresh looking. xx

Catherine said...

It's beautiful. I love the grey and the white and that heart is so sweet. Enjoy your new boudoir:) x

Tania McCartney said...

LOVE the grey - stunning!