Saturday, May 12, 2012

All in a Doll's house

Did you have a Dollshouse as a child?  Is there one in your home now? I loved my Doll's House, I played endlessly with it. In fact I recall playing with it on the odd occasion in High School shhhh, don't let any of the cool kids know that!  I guess I got comfort from it. Sadly my Dolls House never made it through the years so my children could play with it.

When my boys were small I used a lovely occasional care centre, small and personal - part of a neighbourhood house. One day the centre was going to get rid of a Dolls House that they no longer needed. I was so excited when it was offered to me. It was a scruffy blue old affair, but big and solid - I had a vision!   It got painted white and has seen both our boys enjoy it, but truly it belongs to Miss M.


Miss M spends hours playing with it and I love taking a peek at what is going on inside!


I love how doilies and flags have been used as innovative decorative pieces throughout the home




Recently I made these little patchwork quilts and matching pillows after Miss M declared the house was in need of a makeover!

4 comments:

Bron said...

Oh yes we have a dolls house and it belonged to my mum as a little girl ...so it is not as modernly furnished as your beautiful one...I barely have time for our real life house keeping and renovating let alone too much on the dolls house xxxx

Miss Muggins said...

What a gorgeous doll's house. I had a big wooden box on wheels that my dad made me. It lived under my bed and I delineated different rooms with carpet offcuts! I had furiture that I saved up for on layby from a toyshop, and I remember dad painting it the colour of my choice...I went for a nice shade called mushroom!!!! We also made heaps of furniture from bits and pieces like cotton reel seats and a dressing table from a piece of black plastic packaging (mum made a little skirt for it and all) I crocheted heaps of granny square rugs and made pillows from furnishing samples. It was the greatest! Ahh the memories!

Miss Muggins said...

What a gorgeous doll's house. I had a big wooden box on wheels that my dad made me. It lived under my bed and I delineated different rooms with carpet offcuts! I had furiture that I saved up for on layby from a toyshop, and I remember dad painting it the colour of my choice...I went for a nice shade called mushroom!!!! We also made heaps of furniture from bits and pieces like cotton reel seats and a dressing table from a piece of black plastic packaging (mum made a little skirt for it and all) I crocheted heaps of granny square rugs and made pillows from furnishing samples. It was the greatest! Ahh the memories!

Cat said...

I didn't have a doll house but my girls have one that they share, it really belongs to Miss 8 now and she could play for hours with it with all her sweet chatter. My nephews came over and had a ball with it too. It will be one of their toys I won't part with, one day it might get played with again hopefully by their children. x