It is Sunday, I blog from my warm soft bed. Out of the window is wet, overcast, outside all the ground is boggy and muddy. I am really longing for some dry hot weather, this is compounded by reading summer time posts by US bloggers. I wonder how uncomfortable my big boy is out there on the footy field - mental note to have bathroom ready for hot shower and a hearty lunch waiting for him : downside to this I must get up to perform this nurturing act. Visitors enter my room and they have brought me tea! Leaving this comfort is becoming a harder decision hmmm. The tea is good. My visitors reminisce about last night with particular reference to the cupcakes I made / took - they were pretty good. We went to a party last night - it wasn't a birthday or special occassion, our friend just decided to have a party. Have you noticed no one seems to have parties anymore?
Everyone at the party last night noticed too, plans for the next one [party for no reason] were seeded. Summer will be the time for ours - we love pool parties and have an old pool that has seen a lot of splashing in. It was a great night last night and i think everyone was really appreciative to be out on a Saturday night. The kids, about 15, had a ball and did what kids do at a grown ups party : played hide and seek using huddles of politics, popular culture talking adults as hiding spots. It was a great night.
I reflect on the week, that is a good Sunday thing to do - just prior to planning the week ahead. Some good things that happened
1. We enjoyed a visit from family
2. I won a give away! Yes I did! From Ragged Blossom - beautiful eye shadows. I feel so lucky
3. Middle child won a book in a contest - he feels lucky too
4. I piped cupcakes icing and it worked!
5. I got accepted into a grad dip course
6. Miss M had a really happy time last night after having some very sad times earlier in the week
7. Being crazy in the kitchen with kids : doing "frosting lay backs" - hysterical!
8. Having a very satisfying week at work
9. Miss M presenting me with a card to say "i love you"
10. Joining up with my book club buddies twice this week.