Saturday, June 4, 2011

things I am loving.....

Joining in with Paisley Jade 

The difference that a bringing a bit of nature into my home makes, and there is so much choice
nature offers us. Truly a blessed gift to have such access.



Ok, bit  of materialism - my new wallet, such a 70's design. Delicious.



I am loving ballet and even though the constant taxiing to and from lessons, exams, rehearsals, productions, laddered tights, perfect buns and even the odd parent that wants to cause problems amongst the others mothers by inciting competition and dare I say it bitching and whinging - can all be wearing to a gal that was a swimmer ( in those days all you needed was a swim cap and cozzie, you turned up and swam your heart out!).  Truly this is year number six (!!!!) and I still feel challenged by it all....BUT




She is captured by the romance of dance. Her heart dances as her legs dance. The smile she smiles when dancing, when receiving praise from her teacher just radiates joy. And when I see this I am reminded that  it is not about me, that her joy is my joy and my reward....and it is moments such as these I am reminded to relish such joy, take in everything, make what's in front of me an indelible memory because one day she will be off experiencing joyful times and I won't have privileged seating. These times are truly mine and I will cherish these times despite any minor discomfort.



7 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Love the flowers, not so loving the story about competitive ballet mums, why do they insist on living through their children's talent?? Imagine her home life, sounds like an awful mother. Think happy flowers & your lovely home when you see the mother in question, love Posie

PaisleyJade said...

Wow - those flowers are amazing!! Loving your wallet too. Have a wonderful rest of your weekend.

'Joyce' said...

ohhhh hullo, and just look at that beautiful dancing girl and her smile. I cannot help but smile when I see her radiant face and I so agree with you. It is well worth the hassle to see her love of dance.
It's wonderful to be back and I so love your phone. Oh you blog so lovely, and had me laughing at your big black phone and being away from the ones you love so much. What a wonderful gift your Mr. G bestowed upon you to keep in touch with family and friends while he was away.

Just Martha said...

Gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

What can be more rewarding than witnessing Martha's pure joy in her dancing! Savour the moments, they grow up so quickly!

Cat said...

I love flowers inside too, they make me happy. Ahh ballet, I loved watching my big girl smile and twirl around but she doesn't dance anymore. It is lovely to see them so happy doing what they love. I hope you had a good weekend. xo

Amy said...

Hi Miss Prudence,
The way you talk about your girl and her ballet, I can feel her enthusiasm! And your drive to keep going and being there for her as you 'share in her joy.' I hope one day to find the delight in my boy in just the same way, and foster it so it can bloom and grow!
Amy