Saturday, April 16, 2011

Things I am loving.....


My goodness! Where did Friday disappear to? That was super fast!
Didn't get everything done that needed doing but I did enjoy most of the day.
I am joining in with Paisley Jade for Things i'm loving

Here's what i am loving this week...



Knitting on four needles!

A knitting breakthrough!!  Yes Miss Prudence has expanded her skills and
can now knit on four needles! Yay for me! I have always stayed away from
any pattern with four needles but with this jumper I took on the challenge! 
I have to make up and block (another first) this jumper and then I will post it for you all.
This wool is a wool with pink silk blended through it and it feels lovely mmmm.





Sewing frenzy.
The dining table has surrendered to a sewing frenzy, lots of making 
for the Mother's Day Stall at school


Parcel in the post.
The day got even better with a knock on the door from the 
postman with a package of cardmaking goodies! Stamping 
Goodness on its way!



Easter Gifts
Isn't this little tin sweet? It is full of swiss chocolate in 
wrappers covered in bunnies. My Mum will love it.




Childhood Memories

My sister delivered this special little cup and saucer to me recently.
There is a lemon coloured matching set too. When we were
little girls, our Mum used to sometimes set a special 
afternoon tea for us with lace tablecloths, silver spoon,
pretty cakes or scones and fine china tea sets.
This was the cup that I used at those tea parties.
Now I have it and i will make afternoon tea parties, for 
no special reason, for Martha and I. 

Wasn't my Mum wonderful?



Card marking
Here is the Mothers' Day card I made for her.



Fabric bargains

And finally , I found this fabric at 
BigW!!! Can you believe? Amazing where good things
pop up!

I'll be back later for Saturday sensations, Oh my, I am late late late! 







5 comments:

Hootnz said...

What a gorgeous tea cup and saucer set...my mum let me have a few of my late nanas sets... so special to be able to share the same moments with your own daughter.... also yay for you, I still shy away from four needles, preferring my circulars....one day I might give them a try again :)

Catherine said...

I started knitting socks on the four needles but they were turning out to be VERY LONG legged as I couldn't turn the heel!! Had to give up! Your knitting looks fab!
Love the cup and saucer set.
Cx

makeitgiveit said...

Well done knitting on 4 needles. That is impressive!! You are so busy with all your crafty goodness and I LOVE the teacup - devine and the memories that go with it.

PaisleyJade said...

Loving your list - and knitting with 4 needles sounds crazy!!

Catherine said...

There is lots of things to love in this post. I love your mother's day card you made it's so pretty and I love the colours. Good on you for knitting with four needles, that's great I have trouble knitting with two(lol). I can't wait to see the jumper when it's finished. xo