Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Love is the Magic Salve








I have been joking that things are stressed and messy, joking because that's all I've got. I am finding it harder and harder to face each day - for months now I have had bronchitis, my "cup" is approaching its last drops and desperately needs refilling. I feel like the Little Red Engine that Could - "I think I can, I think I can".....Yesterday I had to leave work early because of a funny tummy and only the way home I got an attack of Dry Eye (where I become so light sensitive I can hardly see a metre in front of me). Yep "woe was me" and I felt as pathetic as I looked.

But things took a turn for the better when I found this little gift left for me by my eldest son.
Immediately my posture straightened, my mind cleared and my heart beamed hard against my ribs.
I am adored,
I am loved,
I am needed,
I am so grateful and fortunate that
My well being IS considered by others

and this small gesture proves it.....xxxxx

2 comments:

Just Martha said...

Oh Prudence!! So sorry that you are poorly!!! How lovely that you have a gorgeous sensitive son. Well done. Missed you of late so let me know if there is anything I can do to help... Take 20 minutes a day to recharge your batteries doing something you love: cup of tea on the step, magazine, TV show..... anything but just be mindful you are doing it for 'you'...

Kate said...

That is the most wonderful happy ending to your post!
What a special boy you have there.
I hope things have continued to improve and that you are feeling so much better every day.