(Christmas days of past)
TIme to change all that! Behold Miss Prudence is about to don her Santa hat and douse the house in Christmas spirit. I found this Christmas quiz over at Kids and Capers where Catherine is encouraging others to give it a go. It is very European but hey, that makes it funnier!
1. Hot Chocolate or apple cider?
Ahhh, cold beer maybe? How about an icy margarita! A cuppa in the morning perhaps!
2. Turkey or Ham?
Hmm, both I think are seasonal fare, but this year we have all made the confession that we prefer chicken - so a couple of juicy free range, organic henny penny's this year!!
3. Do you get a fake or real-you-cut-it-yourself Christmas tree?
Fake...real sags in the heat
4. Decorations on the outside of your house?
I am planning on adding the Griswald effect!
5. Snowball fights or sleddin’?
Huh? Splashing in the pool
6. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?
No no no.
7. Favorite Christmas song?
Anything but that bloody awful "feed the world" ugh!
8. How do you feel about Christmas movies?
I just love watching Jimmy Stewart every year in a Wonderful Life, I say Yes! to Christmas movies
9. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?
10. Stockings before or after presents?
In my dream of the perfect Christmas morning, the children are sweet, squeal only a little with demure delight, open their stockings first and then the few meaningful presents (a few because I am a controlled consumer and besides they have begged me to buy goats for 3rd world villages).....BUT this is in my DREAMS! I have to admit this, but the stockings get forgotten often.
11. Go to someone else’s house or they come to you?
Come to us...which sometimes worries me why we are never invited to the rellies! Hmmm.
12. Do you read the Christmas Story? If so when?
Yes, in the few weeks leading to Christmas, and the Nativity has pride of place.
13. What do you do after presents and dinner?
I prefer to sleep but I am willing to do virtually anything to get out of the dishes.
14. What is your favorite holiday smell?
Food, all the yummy food!!!!
15. Ice skating or walking around the mall?
I love walking around the neighbourhood looking at people's lights.
16. Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas day?
17. Favorite Christmas memory?
Big family Christmas' at my Nana's
18. Favorite Part about winter? Summer ?
Balmy nights, lounging around in the evening, icy beers, friend's dropping by
19. Ever been kissed under mistletoe?
What is exactly this "mistletoe?"