Saturday, October 9, 2010

Change is in the air

I am in the mood for change. I feel restless with my surroundings, with me.
I am not looking to move house or city or even job, no no I am more than happy with these.
No, I need a make over on a big scale.
This isn't something I woke up with this morning, it has been verging for some weeks.
Oh the Winter, it imprisoned me forcing me to ponder my navel and when I couldn't stand that
I began to notice things.
My decor looked tired.
I felt tired and sluggy.
There was SO much clutter around my home.
I felt cluttered.
I felt fat.
Oh my, I have gotten fat!!!

Hmmm, what to do, what to do....I know!
Brainstorm with a bag of raspberry licorice (oh that deserves a post on its own)

TODAY is the day!

The makeover begins !  


This is my family room and where I will begin.
This weekend I will say good bye to the green wall. I love green and once enjoyed having this shade everywhere. I recently painted the dining white and the hallway, I love the lightness of having white all around me using colour to accent.

I will be changing the curtains to something lighter even though I quite like these curtains, maybe they go up again in when the colder weather returns.  The rug is already in the hallway, my brother in law sent it to us from Dubai some years ago and it is thick luxurious.

The cushions must be changed and the coffee table is bit worse for wear too. Sadly though my purse strings are drawn tight at the moment and this will be on a budget. I hope I can surprise myself and achieve something that feels fresh and new and not too dodgy!

The will be lots of change posted here in the next few weeks, I hope I can share it with you.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

How exciting! Changing your house around and taking away things like cushions and curtains that have seen their day is really refreshing (and good for the soul). Sometimes clearing away the junk and clutter around you also gives you a feeling of clearing out the clutter and junk in your mind. Looking forward to seeing ALL the changes! Happy weekend.

emerson-j said...

i read ur post and felt like u read my mind, the past winter i have gained so much weight, want new decor and feel tired and frumpy...but what to do?? we are on one income so i cant go nuts and just redecorate. i cant wait to see what u come up with, im sure it will be fab! ;)

willywagtail said...

I love to see decorating on a budget. I think you will enjoy the finished result all the more for that. Cherrie

Deb said...

Keep that decluttering going honey. One small box at a time and you will get there in the end. Refreshed and calm at the end. Cant wait to see what you come up with in the family room. Love a good before and after.
x

Cat said...

It sounds like there are lots of changes a happening in your house. I can't wait to see what the finished room looks like. xo

sevencherubs said...

I love to change things around - how exciting - I wish you luck in your adventure and hope you can find what you want in your budget! such a challenge sometimes! looking forward to pictures..Naomi

Anonymous said...

You are not the lone ranger - I am being ruthless around our house currently. The op shops around us must be bursting at the seams...we had way too much stuff that we don't need. Looking forward to seeing what you get up to!
Yay, I finally commented - I have visited here a couple of times over last month to try and catch up and been dragged away before I could say hi...so Hi! xxx Michele