Wednesday, September 8, 2010

When the winter finally lifts...


My kids are normally robust little creatures and rarely get ill but this winter has been disastrous for our family! Well, that is probably exaggerating a little, maybe a lot, but there have been a lot of sick days this term, I have no sick leave left. Yikes, no mental health day in sight!

A few weeks ago I was summonsed by the school "please pick up your daughter she is being very sick...everywhere". I was passed the message by a colleague as I was in a meeting - I think my colleague was a little shocked when she saw me saunter out of the office 45 minutes later. Well, I knew she was safe in sick bay and the best I could hope for was she would be "empty" by the time I picked her up, so I was not really in a rush to get her.

So then that "bug" did the rounds and the mongrel thing even got me and I am not happy to report that it took me considerably longer to bounce back than the 24 hours it took the kids.  Murphy's law applied of course and Mr G was in New Zealand at the time ugh!

So last week and this week has been the flu.  Sore throats, barking coughs (perfect to trigger every PSM'ed nerve in my brain) and an constant and incessant need for Mum to provide some sort of comfort every two minutes.  A particularly stressful time for the Tullster who is at this moment on the cusp of getting this flu as tomorrow night is his BIG night in a lead role for the school production. He refuses to speak a word in order to "save" his voice.  

Bring on the holidays I say! I am over term 3, I long for a fresh term with sunshine and a summer light at the end of the tunnel . Oh yeah!

4 comments:

emerson-j said...

my almost 3yr has been sick on and off all winter, so ive started an immune booster cause im over it,its since he started creche twice a week, kiddies are just germ factorys!! nice blog too:)

Cat said...

Oh no you poor possums. Bring on spring weather and school holidays it sounds like all of you need a bit of a boost and lots of fun in the sun. Not long to go now:)

Sue said...

Oh you poor guys, vomiting bugs have to be the worse. I always get told that adults actually get that worse than the kids and take longer to recover, hence I always end up with an injection to stop the vomiting if I start! I hope the winter lurgies leave your house, we have been very lucky this winter but have had other disastrous things happen to us like a broken arm and salmonella so I guess everyone gets a turn in a different way dont they. I personally cant wait for the school holidays so that we can have a sleep in and a few late nights!

Karen said...

Oh no that's terrible - I hope you are all better soon and Tully is fit and ready for the school performance.