Saturday, July 31, 2010

Thank you for the music

My sister Jo was in Melbourne today visiting her in laws - but there was important items to attend to for two children of the 70's. Yes, that's right ABBA World needed exploration!
So we met up and split into groups - boys went to the Tim Burton Exhibiton and the girls went to ABBA World!!!! We couldn't wait to get in! Oh the costumes! The Arrival helicopter! The Karaoke (I rocked) then we got on stage and our dutiful daughters applauded and screamed....IT WAS SO MUCH FUN AAAAHHHHH! Then the gift shop! My sister went absolutely bonkers and spent a small fortune, I was a bit more conservative and bought a bag and a t-shirt and Martha and her cousin Olivia scammed a teddy wearing ABBA t-shirts each.








Unfortunately Jo and I only got a few hours of Sisterly ABBA goodness before she had to return to in-law duty. It was a great morning and the cousins had a ball together. After parting my kids and I had a wander up and down some arcades that Melbourne is famous for, Angus our young artist; loved the street art in alleys. Then it happened, I found them! The shoes! The shoes I have been dreaming of!! 
But that's another post I will save for tomorrow! 

5 comments:

Catherine said...

It's so good to see you back in blogland, I was wondering where you were. Looks like the girls had a blast together, it's always good to catch up with family. I hope you enjoy your Sunday. I'll be back to check out the shoes. xo

Karen said...

Oooh I have a sister called Jo too - and we were/are big Abba fans.
I've been thinking about taking my girls to this - think I will now!
Can't wait to see the shoes - are they red??

trixi said...

You're making Melbourne sound quite appealing...I think it must be a different Melbourne I remember! I'll be tuning in tomorrow to see those shoes so don't you forget:)

PaperTree Designs said...

Oh my gosh! A blonde you!
x

Joanne said...

Gosh it was great fun wasn't it.....ahhhh my goodies from the gift shop! My t'shirt is the envy of many!xxx