Monday, July 5, 2010

Catching up with you dear friends

I haven't been posting for a little while. I have been blogging, just not on my own and I can't explain it - I just haven't had the inclination to sit down and spend the time required to make a decent post.  I have been around other blogs and I don't think I am alone as this seems to be a common cry from other bloggers. Anyhoo, I am posting now but I am afraid it isn't very exciting...

I have been knitting and crocheting and most importantly finishing off UFP's (un-finished projects) I know some folk call them UFO's but I don't get that - I keep that for green men in flying saucers (I like to be provincial with my science fiction).

Here is a hat for a little friend in SA, a flower bud hat - a free Spotlight pattern that was so easy. I used my own flower pattern though to top it.


And a scarf for her Mummy. I used some lovely pink mohair from my stash, I made the scarf a while back and couldn't be bothered finishing it. Today I added the frill and rose in lipstick pink. Voila!


Eldest boy made these wonderful biscuits yesterday ALL by himself! I wasn't too far from the kitchen but it is a wonderful milestone for him to reach being able to bake something by himself and for them to turn out so beautifully. Well done Ango!


We also have some new family members move in, meet toothless and rocket : our resident axolotyls
I realise some of you are cringing saying "yuck! so creepy! Fish with legs!" - I have to admit ROcket (yellow) is kind of creepy but Toothless (black) has a really smiley face and loads of character...I guess like people some are creepy and some are endearing visually! These are Tully's new pets.




Oh and I have some new vintage Pyrex to add to the collection too!

2 comments:

Crochet with Raymond said...

those gifts will be so enjoyed! they're lovely!

trixi said...

I LOVE that pyrex dish, you really seem to find great examples. Angus cookies look amazing!! I think it's really important that boys also learn to cook.