Friday, June 11, 2010

Some sewing from sewing class


You might remember I mentioned I have been taking a sewing class. My sewing skills to date have been very average (curtains, super hero capes, library bags, painting smocks and PJ pants) so I set my goals small. First I wanted to refine what skills I had and use some of the mass of fabric I have (don't we all know what I am saying here!). So you have seen my little house on the prarie nightie. So here is my first attempt at a lined bag, it has pockets for phones etc.





I also made two pairs of PJ pants for the boys in record speed! Wow, using an over locker and Helen (teacher ) showed me how to make them really fast. I bought this fabric over six years ago with a plan to make matching PJ pants for Garrett and both boys. I only had enough to make two pairs for the boys now! If I recall correctly the fabric was about $1.50 a mt so it saved me a few dollars and made a tiny bit of room in my new craft room.

3 comments:

sue said...

It is always nice to learn new skills isnt it. The bag looks great and I love the pj pants. I think perhaps I had better buy some flannel fabric and pj pattern so I can make my growing daughter some, she seems to grow so quickly lately.

PaperTree Designs said...

Love those PJ pants. As soon as C is in Kinda im going to enroll in Sewin Classes too!
PS Funny! Even though they havent hung out for ages it looks like A and A have the same haircuts!

Catherine said...

You have been a busy lady! I love your sewing creations Lynda, those pants on your boy look great clever lady. I've been meaning to make some pjs for my girls I think I should get a wriggle on before winter is over.xo