Over at foxs lane, Kate is asking eight questions. I love how you incite these communal activities in our community Kate, how you really reach out to us all and bring us in....so glad I could be part of this!
- What is your favourite meal? Ahh the burden of having to choose! I do LOVE oysters, natural with lemon juice and cracked pepper. But I am a real food to match the mood kid of person, eg soup and toast on a cold day, a lamb salad in summer, etc...
- Do you have a quirky eccentricity? Personally I think I am quite normal but if you ask me there are major issues out there! My family / friends cite many "quirks" that drive them nuts - I simply don't know what they are talking about.
- My middle name? Oh a true bone of contention with me. My middle name is Rae. I am named after my father, apparently it didn't occur to him to hold off to see if he would have a son in the future before honouring himself! OK so he didn't have a son and my name is Lynda Rae and it sounds like Patsy Kline's love child!
- I am passionate about : social justice and people being treated with kindness, dignified and respected. I feel I live a very blessed life and I feel very strongly about "paying it forward", I love to share my good fortune. I am passionate about preserving social history, family history via anecdotes and tales. I am passionate in my faith in God, my family and my beloved husband (he is soooo good). Well you can see there is a lot of passion in Miss Prudence!
- Thongs or Birkies: thongs but I have yet to experience birkie
- Who was I before I had kids? I girl that was tardy in routine, had a lot of shoes, partied tooo much for her own good. A girl who was a kick arse advocacy worker in the disability field, who lived right on Sydney Harbour and looked over the water with great joy every day. A girl that slept in. A girl that could spend a day on the couch to read a book. A girl that spent a lot of time alone. A girl who had lots of friends but was still alone. A girl that was in a rush and forgot to take in a lot of the moment. A girl that had not learnt to love herself yet. A girl that had yet to experience some great saddness, but thought some petty dramas were the end of the world. A girl who had too much to say at the wrong time, maybe should of shut up more. A girl who should of saved more, travelled more and worried less. A girl I had to be to get to me.....I'm glad I was that girl.
- Have I been arrested: no but I certainly have received a few stern warnings for protests, smoking spliffs in public and for helping a woman pack up her violent partner's stuff and dump it on the kerb - apparently this is illegal is he lives there! I also got a talking to for popping a bloke in the eye because he wouldn't stop kicking another person in the head whom he had knocked to the ground. He tried to run away when the police came but they got him and he actually tried to get me arrested!!! Now I don't want you to think I am this violent crazy woman, I just really hate bullies and that passion thing I mentioned earlier can bring out the inner superwoman - and she gets me into trouble ALL the time! LOL
- This weekend I will: treat the next five days off as a mini holiday. I will begin weight watchers. I will take my family bowling and we might go for a country drive. I will begin a to seriously make an effort to return to a non-smoker status. I will get some exercise and work on my terribly run down state. My wonderful hubby comes home from NZ tomorrow so I plan to smooch a lot too!