Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Valentine, my omlette


We drifted from celebrating Valentine's Day some years ago. We didn't drift from romance or each other, just from the Hallmark prescribed day. But last night I felt a twang of "stingyness" so on the way home from dropping off child #2 I popped into Leo's (Leo's is a divine super market that sells LOTS of yummy gourmet goodies) and purchased the making a very romantic supper : sparkling shiraz, chilli chocolates, cheese, bread and fresh figs. Can't show you them because we ate them!

And this morningI awoke to breakfast in bed. Darling G had made me this heart shaped omlette! We didn't do the card thing, but this is much more fun and memorable.

6 comments:

Sue said...

How sweet! We dont do the card thing either but Paul did buy me a bunch of beautiful flowers and a wooden giraffe statue! I was so surprised but very happy!

Cat said...

Aww that's such a sweet thing to do for Valentine's Day! I love the heart omlette you got this morning.:)

Unknown said...

Ooh that is so sweet of both you and your hubby :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely and special way to celebrate V day! Chilli chocolates - sounds YUM!!

trixi said...

Love that omelette! I guess it's often the unexpected gestures of love that are the most memorable.

PaperTree Designs said...

Oh he is adorable! Love it!
Love the new look blog too.
x