Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Review


Well it is time to have a look to see where I am at with my goals and what progress I have made towards them

OKE DOKE...

I don't have a water tank as yet. But we met the challenge of "155 litres a day / per person" set by the Victorian state govt, targeting water saving goals..in fact we were under and that's with 2 adults and 3 kids and a reasonable size garden and a swimming pool! Makes me wonder what people have been doing!

We recycle and the kids have been focussing on sustainability at school and have stepped up recycling a few notches in this household. But we still need to focus on REDUCTION....I do shop Op-shop more than I have ever done in the past. If I need something household I look second hand first before buying. I am also at that point where I am going to place a NO JUNK MAIL sign on the post box.

I still need to make more of our clothing. I have been using up stuff laying around the craft room But the card making addiction is NOT helping and maybe I could start using recycled stuff I find laying around.

My vegie patch was a DISASTER! But I am going to try again.
Cooking more and grocery shopping less is going well and saving packaging and money and health.
The kids are going really well with turing lights off and switching off power points. But there is always room for improvement.

This week I am to do 10 things "green"....and this will become a weekly post!

No comments: