Tuesday, December 9, 2008

how does your garden grow...




Well my garden usually doesn't grow! I am a failure when it comes to the garden, in fact this year I announced to my "rose garden" that I have been trying to culitvate from a dream into reality, that this was the last year I would be tolerating faliure and loss, I stressed to them that they as roses, so called queens of the garden, had let me down and left me feeling humilated amongst friends that insist that roses are easily grown. In fact they grow themselves. With this being my main consideration, I informed them any non-performers would be ripped out and replaced with natives. I especially pointed at that tart the "Blue Moon" that has yielded me about dozen roses in seven years, was most likely to be first cab off the rank to leave the garden.

Well, it seems to work and those roses have heeded my threats seriously. This year I have been showered with blooms! What is more, I seem to be getting a second showing already, something that has never happened before. Also, my plumbago is about to burts, the aggies are full of spears ready to burst into bloom, the budelias are spurting fronds of purple (goody butterflies!) and the cosmos bounced back from the heavy hail we had a few weeks back....

Maybe I have found my inner green thumb?

No comments: